- 0:00 - Intro
- 2:47 - Rex comes from a family of makers
- 5:00 - Science and business are creative
- 5:53 - Acting helps as a teacher, presenter, and YouTuber
- 9:10 - Rex is creating community through Patreon
- 10:56 - Rex’s second book, Everyday Woodworking, is coming out in May!
- 13:17 - Pat asks Rex about the low Roman bench
- 18:35 - Hand-tool woodworking isn’t what most people think it is
- 19:48 - Coffee Break
- 21:00 - Hand tool woodworking doesn’t require as much space as power tools
- 24:00 - Rex tells us about vises. Vise Squad
- 26:21 - Japan never invented the vise?!
- 31:20 - Parallel development of the dovetail joint
- 34:10 - Axes and hatchets for woodworking?!
- 36:44 - Until fairly recently furniture was made with undried wood
- 37:55 - Using differential moisture content for joints!
- 39:06 - Woodworking vs. Creative Fabrication
- 44:53 - It is easier to be a hand-tool woodworker when making preindustrial furniture
- 48:28 - Jeremy has machined complex curves on a manual mill!
- 49:54 - What project is Rex working on now?
- 51:45 - Pat’s playing with a $180 NEJE Maser 2 laser engraver from Banggood
- 54:03 - What’s Jeremy working on right now?!
- 55:17 - Rex advocates for content creators!
- 57:15 - Where can we find everyone?
- 58:45 - Jeremy talks about The Head on HBO Max
Be sure to check out Rex’s book Everyday Woodworking on Amazon!
You can find Rex here:
You can find Pat Regan here:
You can find Jeremy Cook here: