Matthew from DIY Perks talks about his year, a cob house that he built, YouTube, and much more!
Matt also told us about his accent, and he taught us about the Foot-Strut Split. You can hear all about Matt’s accent at 2:50 in the second video!
- 0:00 - Intro
- 0:59 - How has the last year been for Matt?
- 2:24 - Matt is building a cob house
- 5:10 - You never know what will do well on YouTube
- 8:13 - Jeremy has too many ideas and he has to film all of them!
- 9:43 - Matt tries to make projects that the majority of people could recreate
- 10:50 - Many people attempt to recreate Matt’s projects
- 14:56 - Is the jigsaw still Matt’s favorite tool?
- 19:10 - Matt usually has 10 hours for footage for each build video
- 20:12 - Is Matt a gamer? Don’t get eaten by a cougar!
- 25:22 - Jeremy switched to a Mac
- 27:22 - Sometimes you have to go to a shop to get ideas
- 32:55 - Coffee break!
- 0:00 - Intro
- 0:22 - Questions for Matt from Twitter!
- 0:30 - Is your name actually Matthew Perks?
- 1:31 - Where does Matt live?
- 2:50 - Where is Matt’s charming accent from?
- 7:46 - How did Matt become so good at electronics?
- 9:19 - What does Matt recommend for DIY education?
- 15:33 - Jeremy switched from his Sony a6600 to his Mac webcam mid recording today
- 17:50 - Matt strikes up some controversy: aluminum vs. aluminium
- 20:53 - Why does Matt only test his creations after they’ve been completed?
- 23:18 - How’s Matt’s dog doing?
- 25:40 - Matt tells us about his carbon fiber and walnut stealth PlayStation 5 build
- 28:14 - Pat tells Matt about the OoberLights project
- 34:10 - Jeremy is working on two projects!
You can find Pat Regan here:
You can find Jeremy Cook here: