E:38 Introducing Pat Regan, DIY Home Automation, and Mr. Laser
After a number of solo episodes with excellent guests, but no secondary source of commentary, please welcome Pat Regan as the new co-host of the show. Pat’s a prolific maker, quadcopter aficionado, electric unicycle rider, and (for now) early retiree. He promises to add a bit of “Pennsylvania Texan” flair to the show!
- 3:30 Pat tells you what not to do as a tape monkey
- 9:30 There are 90,000 words in a novel. 55,000 in a teen novel.
- 12:20 The $15 HDMI-to-USB dongles are $10 now!
- 16:30 Mr. Laser
- 18:40 Ooberlights
- 23:00 Jeremy’s Home Assistant adventures
- 27:30 You can flash Tasmota over-the-air?!
- 32:20 Tasmota template repository
- 43:32 Chair occupancy sensors for home automation
- 45:55 Pat’s Monoprice 8323 headphones with red velour earpads
You can also listen to this episode of The Creativiy Podcast on SoundCloud or Apple Podcasts
You can find Pat Regan here:
- Pat Regan on YouTube
- patsheadcom on Twitter
You can find Jeremy Cook here:
- Jeremy Cook on YouTube
- JeremySCook on Twitter