Olivia Snyder talks about her pottery innovations, as well as her experience running (and expanding) TheLab.ms makerspace through a pandemic.
- 0:00 - Intro
- 1:20 - Tackle boxes are great for organizing small parts. Plano, IL is indeed where tackle boxes come from!
- 2:09 - Olivia has a pottery business and two kids
- 3:52 - Olivia explains how pottery works
- 7:57 - Can Pat learn to do pottery at home?
- 9:19 - Microwave kilns?!
- 11:20 - Find your friendly local pottery community to get started!
- 12:11 - Olivia has mined some of her own local clay!
- 13:25 - Olivia explains how kiln temperatures are checked with cones
- 15:42 - Olivia’s 3D printed clay extruders are amazing
- 23:34 - Olivia restored a 1970s pottery wheel using 3D printing
- 24:43 - Olivia designed an extruder that creates clay tubes
- 28:01 - Coffee Break!
- 29:35 - Talking to Olivia about TheLab.ms Makerspace!
- 31:43 - TheLab.ms makerspace just had elections
- 33:52 - TheLab.ms moved to a much bigger space this year!
- 37:41 - New equipment at the Makerspace
- 39:30 - Olivia talks about collaboration, socialization, and continuing education
- 44:40 - New Oracle Deck available at Faeriehive.com
- 45:28 - Pat complains about Davinci Resolve 17.2
- 47:19 - I can’t complain but sometimes I still do
- 47:33 - What’s Jeremy been working on?
- 49:16 - Where can we find everyone on the Internet?!
You can find Olivia Snyder here:
You can find Pat Regan here:
You can find Jeremy Cook here: